Being homeless is hard. Now, think of how much worse it is to be a homeless child. Jennifer Friend shares how she’s changing the story with the non-profit Project Hope Alliance to help homeless children and their families, and how this help is actually boosting the well-being and profitability of the community.
Jennifer Friend is the CEO of Project Hope Alliance. Since 2013, more than 900 children and their families have been moved out of homelessness under her leadership as CEO. Prior to becoming CEO, Jennifer Friend enjoyed a successful career as a partner at a large law firm managing a litigation team and a substantial personal book of business, representing national and international clients throughout the civil courts of California.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Jennifer’s story of growing up homeless
- Resilience needs opportunity
- Engaging the kids
- Surprise impact of help: monetary community profit through job creation
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Changing The Story Podcast with Michael Ashley & Neil Sahota:
- Visit our website: https://www.ctscast.com/
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.ctscast.com/#subscribe
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ChangingTheStoryPodcast
- Follow our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ctscast/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ctscast/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctscast/