Implicit bias is a struggle we all face, especially in trying to create a more diverse and inclusive world. Hear the story of Ivan Williams, who transformed from chemical engineer into a Hollywood champion against bias by tapping into the power of storytelling.
Ivan Williams is an executive producer and an Executive Vice President for a Hollywood story development firm called Scenario Entertainment. However, Ivan’s career has spanned several industries. He was a chemical engineer, who designed advanced computer controls and artificial intelligence applications for oil refineries. Ivan was also a senior business leader at major energy and engineering companies (ARCO, BP, and WorleyParsons) for over 35-years. In addition, Ivan is an entrepreneur and helped create an innovative film production studio and a media tech startup company that is revolutionizing the tv industry. This was all on top of producing multiple entertainment projects from films to Broadway.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Opening the door to diverse voices in Hollywood
- Tapping into the power of storytelling
- Youth culture is leading the charge
- Expand your bubble
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Changing The Story Podcast with Michael Ashley & Neil Sahota:
- Visit our website: https://www.ctscast.com/
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.ctscast.com/#subscribe
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ChangingTheStoryPodcast
- Follow our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ctscast/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ctscast/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctscast/